Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fireworks in Old Sacramento


The firework show that almost didn't happen.  We had been waiting for about an hour for the River Cats game to end so the firework show could start.  It's now the bottom of the ninth inning and all the gathered photographers are getting their cameras ready.  I've synced my drone to the GPS satellites.  

About that time we see 4 or 5 police cars headed into Old Sacramento with their lights and sirens blaring.  A fire truck pulls on to the Tower Bridge and stops.  Then a fire truck pulls up next to all the photographers, a few firemen get out and head down to the water.  Then…. the police helicopter starts flying over head.

Someone asked me if I would fly my drone with the helicopter overhead?  "No, I won't.  But I won't need to fly because I'm sure they won't shoot off the fireworks if the helicopter is flying."

It seems the a call came in that someone had fallen or jumped into the river up stream.  Luckily the fire department didn't find anything and about 20 minutes later the firework show started.


No comments:

Post a Comment